Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
The chief school administrator, under the direction of the school board, is responsible for preparation of educational specifications for all new public elementary and secondary schools, and additions to and rehabilitations of existing facilities. These educational specifications must include, as a minimum, the following:
(1) the current year and five-year post-occupancy projected attendance area enrollments in the grades affected by the facility;
(2) a statement of educational philosophy and goals for the facility;
(3) the curriculum to be housed by the facility;
(4) the activities that will be conducted in the facility;
(5) the anticipated community uses of the facility;
(6) the specific and general architectural characteristics desired;
(7) the educational spaces needed, their approximate sizes in square feet, their recommended equipment requirements, and their space relationships to other facility elements;
(8) the size, use, and condition of existing school spaces in the facility;
(9) the recommended site and utility requirements;
(10) the proposed budget and method of financing; and
(11) the technology goals of the curriculum and their facility requirements.
History: Eff. 3/1/78, Register 65; am 12/2/83, Register 88; am 4/17/98, Register 146; am 7/13/2000, Register 155
Authority: AS 14.07.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006