Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) Districts shall credit, without limit, sick leave with pay to all regularly contracted, certificated personnel in a manner consistent with the following provisions:
(1) sick leave is accrued at the rate of one and one-third days for each calendar month or each major portion of each calendar month of actual service;
(2) cumulative sick leave earned by a teacher in a school district is transferable to any other school district if the teacher's service is continuous; however, a teacher who is on an approved leave of absence may retain cumulative sick leave for the duration of the approved leave;
(3) a teacher may use accrued sick leave for leave due to personal injury or illness without limitation concerning the duration of usage;
(4) subject to limitations concerning the duration of usage established by the district, a teacher may use accrued sick leave for the death, illness, or welfare of a person in the teacher's immediate family; and
(5) a teacher is not entitled to reimbursement for accumulated sick leave except as service credit toward retirement.
(b) A false statement by a teacher regarding sick leave is sufficient grounds for cancellation of the contract and revocation of the certificate.
(c) In this section, "immediate family" includes at least the following:
(1) husband and wife;
(2) father and son, or daughter;
(3) mother and son, or daughter;
(4) brother and sister.
History: In effect before 7/28/59; am 4/28/64, Register 16; am 9/8/66, Register 27; am 5/30/71, Register 38; am 1/11/79, Register 69
Authority: AS 14.07.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006