Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) A district required to submit a district improvement plan under 4 AAC 06.840(h) shall submit the plan to the department for approval not later than 90 days after designation under 4 AAC 06.835(b) .
(b) In developing a district improvement plan, a district shall
(1) cover a two-year period;
(2) consult with parents, school staff, and other interested persons;
(3) incorporate scientifically based research strategies that strengthen the core academic program in the schools served by the district;
(4) identify actions that have the greatest likelihood of improving the achievement of students in meeting the academic performance requirements in 4 AAC 06.810;
(5) address professional development needs of the instructional staff;
(6) include specific measurable achievement goals and targets for all students collectively and each subgroup of students;
(7) address the fundamental teaching and learning needs in the schools of the district, and the specific academic problems of low-achieving students, including a determination of why any of the district's prior plans failed to bring about increased student academic performance;
(8) incorporate, as appropriate, activities before school, after school, during the summer, and during an extension of the school year;
(9) specify the responsibilities of the department under the plan, including specifying the technical assistance to be provided by the department; and
(10) include strategies to promote effective parental involvement in the school.
History: Eff. 11/23/2003, Register 168
Authority: AS 14.03.123
Note to HTML Version:
Last modified 7/05/2006