Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
The commissioner shall develop a statewide student assessment system composed of multiple indicators, which must include
(1) a standardized norm referenced test, selected by the commissioner, to measure student achievement in reading, language arts, and mathematics in grades five and seven;
(2) a standards-based test to measure student attainment of the performance standards adopted by reference in 4 AAC 04.150;
(3) a state high school graduation qualifying examination selected by the commissioner under 4 AAC 06.755;
(4) an alternate assessment under 4 AAC 06.775(b) ; and
(5) biannual participation in national assessment of educational progress in mathematics and reading in grades four and eight.
History: Eff. 3/15/89, Register 109; am 8/7/92, Register 123; am 12/16/94, Register 132; am 10/21/99, Register 152; am 3/3/2000, Register 153; am 11/30/2001, Register 160; am 12/19/2002, Register 164; am 9/11/2004, Register 171
Authority: AS 14.03.075
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006