Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) For the purposes of AS 24.60 and 2 AAC 50.705 - 2 AAC 50.890, the commission will presume that a filer's source of income, creditor, source of a loan, or source of a loan guarantee has a substantial interest in a legislative, administrative, or political action if the source or creditor
(1) is described in AS 24.60.990 (b);
(2) employs a lobbyist during a part of the period covered by the filer's disclosure statement;
(3) is a municipality or local government entity; or
(4) receives a benefit or avoids a detriment as a direct result of a legislative, administrative, or political action, including an action concerning a professional or occupational license, a natural resource permit or quota, a rate of assessment or taxation, a health, safety, or environmental standard, or an insurance or business practice.
(b) A presumption established under (a)(4) of this section is conclusive and cannot be rebutted if the
(1) source of income, creditor, source of a loan, or source of a loan guarantee receives a benefit or avoids a detriment as a direct result of a legislative action; and
(2) filer participated in the legislative action.
(c) As used in AS 24.60.990 (b), a person will be "directly and substantially affected financially" by an action if the action has upon the person a positive or negative impact, the value of which exceeds $5,000 during a calendar year.
(d) For the purposes of AS 24.60.990 (b), a source of income, creditor, source of a loan, or source of a loan guarantee
(1) has a contract during a calendar year if the source or creditor has the contract during a part of the period covered by the filer's disclosure statement; and
(2) seeks a contract with the legislature or with an agency of the state if the source or creditor submits a bid or proposal to the legislature or agency at any time during the period covered by the filer's disclosure statement.
(e) As used in AS 24.60.990 (b),
(1) "contracts in excess of $10,000 annually" means one or more contracts that, viewed collectively, pay or are expected to pay more than $10,000 in a calendar year; and
(2) "contracts for services" include contracts for real property leases.
History: Eff. 7/20/95, Register 135
Authority: AS 24.60.200
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006