Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
In this chapter,
(1) "board" means the Alaska Teachers' Retirement;
(2) "claim" means a claim for benefits under the major medical insurance coverage provided under AS 14.25.168 ;
(3) "claims payer" means the third-party administrator of benefit claims and payments under a contract entered into by the plan administrator under AS 39.30.090 - 39.30.095;
(4) "day" means a calendar day;
(5) "enrollee" means a person receiving medical coverage under any provision of AS 14.25, or the legal guardian of such a person;
(6) "independent review organization" means an impartial health organization selected by the plan administrator to provide medical reviews of cases at the request of the plan administrator;
(7) "plan administrator" means the administrator appointed by the commissioner of administration under AS 14.25.015 ;
(8) "qualified hearing officer" means a person experienced in rendering decisions as a neutral decision-maker, and may include an employee of the state or a state agency other than the division of retirement and benefits in the Department of Administration.
History: Eff. 5/27/99, Register 151
Authority: AS 14.25.035
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006