Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) An eligible employee who selects any benefit option under AS 39.30.160 will be enrolled on the later date of
(1) the first day of the month after 30 days have elapsed since the date of employment;
(2) the first day of the month after a month in which the supplemental benefits system receives a valid benefit election by the 15th of the month;
(3) the first day of the next benefit year if the benefit election is for the next benefit year.
(b) Coverage terminates on the last day of the month in which an employee terminates employment. This termination of coverage applies to the remainder of the benefit year, regardless of whether an employee is rehired.
(c) Coverage for an employee who has not terminated employment is suspended
(1) for any month in which available payroll is insufficient to pay the total costs of selected benefit options;
(2) on the first of the month following a month in which an employee last works before going on scheduled leave without pay or layoff during a plan year beginning February 1, 1990 and later.
(d) Employer or supplemental benefits system actions resulting in incorrect benefit contributions will be corrected to the extent possible.
History: Eff. 2/1/89, Register 109; am 11/9/89, Register 114; am 3/2/90 Register 122
Authority: AS 39.30.155
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006