- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 450. Definitions.
previous: Section 440
. Interpretation and Construction.
next: Section 460
. Short Title.
AS 47.30.450. Definitions.
In AS 47.30.410
- (1) "executive authority," "governor," and "chief magistrate," respectively, as applied to a request to return a person
under AS 47.30.410 - 47.30.460 to or from the District of Columbia, include a
justice of the supreme court of the District of Columbia and other authority;
- (2) "flight" and "fled" mean a voluntary or involuntary departure from the jurisdiction of the court where the proceedings
mentioned in AS 47.30.410
- 47.30.460 have been instituted and are still
pending, with the effect of avoiding, impeding, or delaying the action of the court in which the proceedings have been
instituted or are pending, or a voluntary or involuntary departure from the state where the person demanded then was,
if the person then was under detention by law as a person of unsound mind and subject to detention;
- (3) "state" includes states, territories, districts, and insular and other possessions of the United States.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.