- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 82. Alaska Stranded Gas Development Act
- Section 10. Purpose.
previous: Chapter 82
. Alaska Stranded Gas Development Act
next: Section 20
. Contracts For Payments in Lieu of Other Taxes and For Royalty Adjustments.
AS 43.82.010. Purpose.
The purpose of this chapter is to
- (1) encourage new investment to develop the state's stranded gas resources by authorizing establishment of fiscal terms
related to that new investment without significantly altering tax and royalty methodologies and rates on existing oil
and gas infrastructure and production;
- (2) allow the fiscal terms applicable to a qualified sponsor or the members of a qualified sponsor group, with respect to
a qualified project, to be tailored to the particular economic conditions of the project and to establish those fiscal
terms in advance with as much certainty as the Constitution of the State of Alaska allows; and
- (3) maximize the benefit to the people of the state of the development of the state's stranded gas resources.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.