- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 25. State Personnel Act
- Section 990. Definitions.
previous: Section 910
. Conflict With Federal Requirements.
next: Section 995
. Short Title.
AS 39.25.990. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "fraud" means for a person to knowingly
- (A) create or confirm another's false impression which the person does not believe to be true, including false impressions
as to law or value and false impressions as to intention or other state of mind;
- (B) fail to correct another's false impression which the person previously has created or confirmed;
- (C) prevent another from acquiring pertinent information;
- (2) "knowingly" means for a person to be aware with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a provision of
law that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists; when knowledge of the existence of a
particular fact is required, that knowledge is established if a person is aware of a substantial probability of its
existence, unless the person actually believes it does not exist;
- (3) "precinct" means the territory within which resident voters may cast votes at one polling place;
- (4) "state employee" means a person employed by the state who is paid a wage or salary, but does not include a person
hired by the state to work as an independent contractor or a person who is in the custody of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.