- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 255. Priority.
previous: Section 250
. Landowner's Lien Claim.
next: Section 260
. Duration of Lien.
AS 34.35.255. Priority.
- (a) Liens under AS 34.35.230
- 34.35.315 are preferred liens and are prior to
other liens. A sale or transfer of timber does not divest a lien on it under AS 34.35.230
- (b) As between liens under AS 34.35.230
- 34.35.315 those for work and labor are preferred.
- (c) As between liens for work claimed by several laborers on the same timber, the claim or claims for work done or
performed on the identical timber proceeded against, to the extent that the timber can be identified, are preferred as
against the general claim of liens for work recognized and provided for in AS 34.35.230
- (d) The person performing the service or doing the work named in AS 34.35.235 is only entitled to the liens provided in AS 34.35.230
- 34.35.315 for services or work for six calendar
months or a shorter period preceding the recording of the claim.
- (e) The person granting the privilege mentioned in AS 34.35.245
is only entitled to the lien under that section for timber cut during the six months preceding the recording of the
claim as provided in AS 34.35.240.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.