Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 15. Employment Services
- Section 80. Eligibility For Vocational Rehabilitation Service.
previous: Section 70
. Personnel Policies [Repealed, Sec. 84 Ch 58 SLA 1999].
next: Section 90
. Priority as to Eligibility.
AS 23.15.080. Eligibility For Vocational Rehabilitation Service.
- (a) Vocational rehabilitation service shall be provided directly or through a public or private instrumentality to an
individual with a disability who
- (1) is a resident of the state at the time of application for the service and whose vocational rehabilitation the agency
determines after full investigation can be satisfactorily achieved; or
- (2) is eligible for the service under an agreement with another state or with the federal government.
- (b) In determining the types and extent of vocational rehabilitation services to be provided to an individual with
the agency shall take into consideration any similar benefits that may be available to the individual under other
programs. However, the agency may not take other benefits into consideration when doing so would significantly delay
the provision of needed services to the individual with a disability. The agency need not take other benefits into
consideration when they are for
- (1) diagnostic and related services, including transportation and subsistence in connection with those services;
- (2) counseling, guidance, and referral;
- (3) training, including personal and vocational adjustment training, and necessary training materials;
- (4) services to members of families of individuals with disabilities;
- (5) job placement; and
- (6) services necessary to assist individuals with disabilities to maintain suitable employment.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.