Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 42. The Insurance Contract
- Section 160. Contents of Policies in General.
previous: Section 150
. Policy Must Contain Entire Contract.
next: Section 170
. Additional Policy Contents.
AS 21.42.160. Contents of Policies in General.
- (a) Each policy must specify
- (1) the names of the parties of the contract;
- (2) the subject of the insurance;
- (3) the risks insured against;
- (4) the time when the insurance thereunder takes effect and the period during which the insurance is to continue;
- (5) the premium;
- (6) the conditions pertaining to the insurance.
- (b) If under the policy the exact amount of premium is determinable only at stated intervals or termination of the
contract, a statement of the basis and rates upon which the premium is to be determined and paid shall be included.
- (c) Subsections (a) and (b) of this section do not apply to surety contracts, or to group insurance policies.
- (d) Each policy and annuity contract issued by a domestic insurer, and the forms thereof filed with the director, must
have printed on them an appropriate designating letter or figure, or combination of letters or figures, or terms
identifying the respective forms of policies or contracts, together with the year of adoption of the form. When a
change is made in the form, the designating letters, figures, or terms and year of adoption shall be correspondingly
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.