Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 42. Postsecondary Education
- Section 990. Definitions.
previous: Section 390
. Definitions. [Repealed, Sec. 42 Ch 85 SLA 2001].
next: Chapter 43
. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
AS 14.42.990. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "board" means the board of directors of the corporation;
- (2) "commission" means the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education created in AS 14.42.015
- (3) "corporation" means the Alaska Student Loan Corporation created in AS 14.42.100
- (4) "education loan" means a loan that is eligible for financing or is financed from the education loan fund established
in AS 14.42.210
- (5) "eligible student" means an individual who meets the eligibility requirements established by the federal guaranteed
student loan program or as otherwise set out in this chapter;
- (6) "federal guaranteed student loan program" means the programs of the United States government that make postsecondary
educational financial aid available under 20 U.S.C. 1070 - 1099c-2, as amended;
- (7) "repayment obligation" means an obligation to repay financial support that is financed from the education loan fund
established in AS 14.42.210 or otherwise administered
by the commission.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.